Home >> Divisions >> DCW >> CTH
Central Transit House (CAO/CTH)
CAO/CTH is located at Porta Cabin-02 in ‘B’ Block.
Functions of CAO/CTH
- Functioning as Central Registry for receipt/despatch of mail of Service HQs & ISOs.
- Carrying out duplicating work of all sections of CAO`s office.
- Receipt of mail from all registries of Army HQ, Air HQ, Naval HQ, ISOs and office of the JS (Trg) & CAO.
- Despatch of mail to all registeries of Army HQs/Air HQ/Naval HQs/ISOs and office of the JS (TRg) & CAO.
- Distribution of mail to local offices and civil Ministries located in South Block, North Block, Rail Bhawan, Nirman Bhawan, Udyog Bhawan, Shastri Bhawan, Shram Shakti Bhawan etc.
- Under the Self Service Scheme, the MTS of the DGR, CGHQ,AFC, AFDC, DPR, Sainik Samachar, KSB, PBG, DGNCC, History Division, SFL Planning & Coordination, CGDA and HQ IDS are authorized to collect/deliver mail from/in CTH.
- Despatch of mail through Post Office - CTH dispatches mail through Post Office on behalf of CAO`s office, Security Office, Dte of Plg and Coord, Ordnance Factories in Delhi and LA (Def) after affixing service stamps.
- Mail pertaining to Foreign countries - Mail pertaining to foreign countries through diplomatic bag as well as to private addressees is accepted in CTH from Army HQs and ISOs only.
- Issue of File Numbers in Block of 100,500,1000 etc to the sections of CAO`s Office for their official use.
- Stamps are issued to CAO`s office and ISOs for dispatch of Speed Post letters.
Functions of CAO/Record
CAO/Record is located at Room No. 6A,6B and 6C in 'H' Block.
All the sections of CAO`s office use the record room for storage of pay bill, DO Part-II orders and Gazette notifications etc.